These are bad times and a lot of times we need to carry our firearms with us in our cars. At a lot of places we cannot carry the firearm along with us and we cannot leave it in the car in plain sight as there are high chances of your gun getting stolen from your car.
So, then, which is the best place in your car where you can hide your firearm? There are various hidden gun storage ideas to hide your gun. Let us have a look at various ideas for Hidden vehicle gun storage and know-how to implement these ideas in your vehicle.
There are places where you cannot carry your gun with you. So, you need to hide it in your vehicle. If you are having the Hidden vehicle gun storage, then you should also make sure that you fully comply with gun concealment reciprocity laws, while hiding a gun in your vehicle. So, here are some of the ideas to hide your gun in plain sight in your vehicle.
Hidden Vehicle Gun Storage
Nowadays with the help of technology, there are various gun storage ideas available to hide a gun in your vehicle. These ideas also depend on the type of vehicle that you are driving.
If you are driving a truck or a van then decked drawers are the best to hide your firearms. Decked drawers are slide-out drawers located below the truck bed near your rear wheels. These Decked drawers provide enough space to hide big guns in them and it can also carry a heavy load of about 2000 lbs on it. These are very safe to hide your firearms. You do not need to climb on the truck bed to remove your gun. It is a slide-out drawer. Not a single person will have the idea that you are hiding your gun over there and the burglars will be taken by surprise. Here are a few examples for the decked drawer gun hiding system
Decked Ram Pick Up Truck Storage System
- The decked system in this drawer includes accessories like one dessert Tan D- box, a dessert Tan cross box, two dividers, and one drawer organizer.
- It is easy to install or remove.
- Maximizes your trucks storage system by storing firearms, and gears in the decked drawer and carrying the heavy load on top of it.
- The decked drawers are weather proof and hence your tools and guns are totally safe from the impact of the weather.
- The tough storage systems are built to withstand bitter weather conditions and are long-lasting.
DECKED Service Body Storage – Fully Assembled
The DECKED Service Body Storage System is perfect for those looking for a secure, easy-to-install solution to their truck bed storage needs. This system includes the Desert Tan D-Box, Desert Tan CrossBox, two Wide Dividers, and one Drawerganizer. With these components, you’ll have everything you need to get your truck bed securely organized. The system is also designed to be easy to install and remove. Installation usually takes 2-3 hours with common tools, while removal is much faster, taking only 15 minutes. The system fits service bodies manufactured by Knapheide, Reading, Stahl, and Monroe, and is designed for truck beds 80” – 96” long. The system is also compatible with spray-in liners and most bed rugs, with the exception of drop-in plastic liner bed liners.
The DECKED Service Body Storage System can hold up to 2000 pounds, and additional accessories are available for purchase, such as locks with keys, Core Trax, T-Tracks, D-Bag, additional dividers, and additional boxes. Most truck racks also work with the DECKED system as long as they are not installed in the first 12″ of the truck bed.
If you’re looking for a secure and easy-to-install storage system for your truck bed, look no further than the DECKED Service Body Storage System. With its included accessories, easy installation and removal, and 2000 pound weight limit, you’ll have everything you need to get your truck bed organized and secure.
- DECKED SYSTEMS NOW INCLUDE ACCESSORIES: ONE Desert Tan D-Box, ONE Desert Tan CrossBox, TWO Wide Dividers, & ONE Drawerganizer. Additional DECKED accessories are available to purchase but are NOT included: locks with keys, Core Trax, T-Tracks, D-Bag, additional dividers, and additional boxes. All of these accessories can be installed or fully integrated into the DECKED System. Most truck racks work with DECKED storage systems as long as they’re not installed in the first 12" of the truck bed.
- EASY TO INSTALL OR REMOVE: Our DECKED system fits service bodies manufactured by Knapheide, Reading, Stahl, and Monroe. This model is designed for a truck bed that’s 80” – 96” long. Drawer System is 75.25" x 47" x 12" and 230 lbs. The installation period can take up to 2 or 3 hours using common tools. After assembling, it takes about 15 minutes to remove or reinstall the DECKED system in the bed of your truck. DECKED is compatible with spray-in liners and most bed rugs but is NOT compatible with drop-in plastic liner bed liners.
- 2000 POUND DECK LOAD RATING: Maximize the utility and safety of your truck bed by creating multiple storage compartments, allowing you to store gear and other essentials in full-bed-length drawers and carry heavy loads. The DECKED system increases the surface area of the truck bed, creating a flat, usable surface above the wheel wells. The system can hold a load up to 2000 lbs. distributed evenly.
- WEATHERPROOF & SECURE DRAWERS: DECKED keeps your tools, hardware, and other accessories stored in drawers. These drawers are weatherproof and will protect contents from car washes and normal outdoor challenges. Drawers are not airtight, allowing small amounts of airborne mist or dust into the drawers. Drawers are lockable with an optional keyed lock accessory, securing the contents inside.
- MADE TO LAST: Made in the USA from recycled High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) that is co-molded to a steel metal subframe, our truck and van storage systems are built to withstand extreme weather elements and intense UV light exposure. We offer large, durable, rugged weatherproof parts. Your work is tough, so we’ve created the DECKED storage system with strength and durability you can rely on.
The Hidden Console Vault
Whenever you leave your vehicle, you leave the things inside the vehicle exposed. You cannot keep your wallet and gun exposed in the car. For that, the best option is the hidden gun console vault. The Hidden gun console vault is designed to protect your firearms, cards, and money. This vault can be placed under your arms rest in between the two front seats.
A 3 digit combination lock system is used to keep the valuables safe. Here are a few ideas for gun console vault in the car.
Console Vault Gun Safe 09-13 With Sync System And Barrel Key Lock
Console vault gun-safe 09-13
- No modification to your vehicles console is needed
- The 12 gauge steel construction meets automotive stringent quality standards.
- It has a triple guard locking system and three digit or four digit digital locker system available.
- The burglar may be able to break into your vehicle but not into your console vault.
You can purchase it from here.
Under Seat Storage Space
Some companies design a custom-built storage space that can hide your gun under the seat that you are sitting. Your gun will be totally safe and out of view of the intruders and other people sitting in your vehicle. Here is the example of one such product
Bulldog Cases Car Safe With Key Lock
- This case comes with a mounting bracket and 3 foot security cable.
- The case is made of steel and is very strong.
- Vault can be stored under your seat with a bracket and 3 foot security cable.
- It can be accessed comfortably with a key.
- Interior size 7″ x 5.25″ x 2″; Exterior size 8.2″ x 5.9″ x 2.2″
You can purchase it from here.
So, these are a few ways to store your gun in your vehicle. If you know of something else then do let us know in the comment section below.
Last update on 2023-02-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API