It is very important to keep your gun safe and hidden from the kids at home. But, at the very same time, you should keep it in a way that you can access it easily in case a burglar or an intruder enters your home. You should keep the gun hidden in plain sight with the help of hidden gun storage ideas. It can be a hidden gun storage bed, or hidden gun storage mirror, or a coffee table. You can also use a biometric gun safe or a safe that opens with the help of your fingerprints. Let us know in detail about the best biometric gun safe.
What is a biometric gun safe?
A biometric gun safe is a safe or a vault that has a locking mechanism with a biometric fingerprint scanner. Now the biometric gun safe has both its advantages and disadvantages. Let us have a look at both the advantages and disadvantages of a biometric fingerprint gun safe.
Advantages of having a biometric gun safe
There are various advantages of having a biometric gun safe that you should know about. Let us have a look at various advantages of biometric gun safe.
It stores a lot of fingerprint records
A fingerprint biometric gun safe can store multiple records of fingerprints of your family members. Some gun safes can also store more than a hundred records at a time. For example, in case of emergency, your family members can also open the gun safe if you are not at home and use it for their and other family members’ safety. Also, you will not have to be the one who goes to the safe to get the gun.
Pry proof technology
You will not have to worry about anyone prying to open the gun safe since it comes with pry-proof technology installed in it. No, what they do, what they use, and how hard they try, they will not be able to pry open the biometric gun case. So, you can sit back, relax, and rest assured.
Rechargeable batteries are available with them
While you are looking for a gun safe, you should also consider for the power supply. You definitely do not want that your gun safe dries up on you when you need it the most. Well, usually a good gun safe comes with rechargeable batteries with them. So, you won’t have to go through the hassle of looking for the batteries or running to the store when the power goes down.
Can store more than one gun
If you have multiple guns at your home, then you will not have to worry about storing the guns, because these biometric gun safes can store more than one gun at a time. Some can store up to seven guns. So, you can put all these guns in the biometric gun safe at the same time and have a sound night’s sleep.
Disadvantages of having a biometric gun safe
Like the coin has two sides, in the same way having a biometric gun safe also has its own advantages and disadvantages. Let us now have a look at the disadvantages of keeping a biometric gun safe.
Can be expensive
When you are looking for a biometric gun safe and if you think that it is going to come at a cheaper price, then you are wrong. Biometric gun safes can be costly because of the technology that is used in biometric gun safes. So, you should look for the best deals when the gun safe is available and then buy it.
Is tricky to work
Most biometric gun safes are very tricky to work with and people who are not well versed with it will have a lot of difficulties operating the biometric gun safe and there might be some problems in keeping the fingerprinting data safe.
It consumes a lot of electric power
You should also consider that the biometric gun safe requires a power supply. It is bound to use up lots of power. So, you should keep in mind the power supply consumption and look out for biometric guns safes with rechargeable batteries.
Most of these biometric gun safes do not have any other way of opening. Hidden gun storage furniture has alternative keys to open it. But, Biometric gun safes do not have another way of opening.
Best Biometric gun safes that you should consider buying
Here are some of the biometric gun safes that you should consider buying and have a look at it.
Safearms Biometric gun safe
- It is a secured gun safe built with durable re-inforced steel.
- This gun safe can store up to 2 guns and keep them secure with a seamless fingerprint scanning machine.
- Has an elegant and discrete design that blends with all interiors.
- You can access the gun within seconds with an extra fast fingerprint scanner.
- You can set up this biometric gun safe within just 2 minutes.
- The gun safes for pistols measures 3.0” X11.4” X8.7” and have proper foam cushioning.
You can purchase it from here.
ONNAIS Biometric gun safe
- Onnais gun safe not only keeps your handguns and firearms safe from children but, also gives you quick access to the firearm in a jiffy and brings you more time when you need it the most.
- It has advanced biometric fingerprint analysis technology which is way much more forward than lock and key safe.
- Has a solid steel anti-corrosion construction for increased durability and ultimate protection.
- The gun-safe lid is pry-resistant and is powered by 4AA batteries.
- This gun safe is portable, you can keep this gun safe in a drawer, cabinet, luggage, or nooks and corners of the house.
- There is three-way access to the gun safe. You can not only access the gun safe with a fingerprint scanner, but also with keypad locks and 2 backup override keys.
- The exterior dimension of the biometric safe is 11.49” X9.17” X3.07”. The interior dimensions are 10.63” X6.69” X2.91”.
You can purchase it from here.
Mounted biometric handgun safe
- This small biometric safe is convenient to use at house or in the vehicle.
- With the mounted design and hidden design, the nightstand handgun safe can be stored under a desk or in a vehicle to avoid accidental touching by your children.
- The biometric gun safe gives you easy access to your firearm within a fraction of a second.
- The desk safe can also be locked with a keypad and locked with keys, giving your more convenience and making your life easier at the same time.
- It is made up of sturdy steel. Is pry-resistant and is fireproof
- The fireproof safe contains thick protective foam to protect your guns and pistols from scratches.
- The black exterior makes it easy to blend into your house or vehicle.
- The gun safe is also equipped with soft rubber and a mute button to reduce noise when you open the safe.
You can purchase it from here.
So, these are some of the biometric gun safes that you can consider buying. If you know of something else, then do let us know in the comment section below.